Tuesday, September 8, 2009

FIrst Day of School

This is a bitter sweet day. I hate to see another year start because it will end and then my kids will be one year older....

Andrew - senior year. Wasn't it yesterday that Katie and I walked you down the street and put you on the bus for kindergarten? Yes, I'm sure it was. You never even looked back - Katie and I were crying and you were ready for the adventure!
Katie - Freshman year - I guess that countdown chain you made two years ago ( and kept under your bed) is down to nothing now huh? You have been waiting for high school forever. Now it is here and you are soooooo excited. AP classes, Soccer team, French and Drama electives and all. Ready for everything - here you come!
Megan - seventh grade!Melissa - sixth grade I have no more kids in elementary school. Because the girls' school is a K thru 8 it still seems like we have a connection to the elementary level but I am really surrounded by high schoolers and middle schoolers. (No wonder I am crazy!)
I really love driving my girls to and from school. I love the conversation and silliness of the carpool and the immediate information about their day at school. The more teenager-ish Katie and Andrew are, the more I am enjoying Megan and Melissa!

1 comment:

Toby and Tammy said...

My babies are all grown up and saving China!

Two in high school-oh the drama!