Sunday, January 31, 2010

Playing with my new camera

My new Nikon D5000.
I like it but - I have to learn how to use it. I was not pleased with how yellow my pics were turning out so I got out the instruction book. Man - those instruction manuals do teach you a lot....I guess I should read mine.
I think I fixed the yellow problem by adjusting the white balance. (I hope anyway.) I learned that I can shoot in black and white.






Mike and I got this X shot extention thing for the camera. It is to replace trying to get photos of yourself by stretching your arm out like Toby and Tammy always do. My arms aren't long enough... Anyway, it is made for lighter cameras so it doesn't work great with heavy SLRs.

But I cropped out Mike's hand....not too bad.
I'll have to learn more about the settings on my camera. The real motivation was I was coming up on the 90 day return limit from Costco and I have to decide - am I keeping this camera or cleaning my old one??

1 comment:

Toby and Tammy said...

Cool features. I love taking photos. Thanks for sharing that with me.