So here is before - on Saturday....
Miss Melissa got a new hat when we went shopping tonight at the mall. Melissa - you are a cutie - with a fun sense of fashion. I love your curls - which is amazing that you them do all by yourself in the morning. You poor thing - being my baby - you know I hate to see you grow up because you are my last. So I'm sure you are conflicted. Wanting to be older but knowing it is killing me. It's okay - I know it is coming. You will enter the world of the terrible teens....attitude and all but I will still love you.
This is the craziness of fixing dinner last night. When I am in the kitchen, there is always a kid with me. They just gravitate to where I am. Melissa was texting Kennedy non-stop sitting on the counter. (She is coming to visit this weekend and staying with us. They haven't seen each other since last June when Kennedy had to move to Seattle. Lis is excited. They texted so much that she had to dump my messages because they filled up my inbox on my cell phone.)
Crazy Megan...was jumping around and loving her new haircut. Notice that none of them are helping. Just being by Mom is the object - not actually helping her.


This week I have noticed that when I tell my kids to go up and get ready for bed, if I go up and sit on my bed to read or fold laundry, pretty soon all 4 of them are on the bed with me. Talking, teasing, bugging me. I am usually ready for some "me" time and they are ready for some heavy duty "mothering" time. So maybe they still need me after all this growing up into teenagers stuff...
This week I have noticed that when I tell my kids to go up and get ready for bed, if I go up and sit on my bed to read or fold laundry, pretty soon all 4 of them are on the bed with me. Talking, teasing, bugging me. I am usually ready for some "me" time and they are ready for some heavy duty "mothering" time. So maybe they still need me after all this growing up into teenagers stuff...All I can think of the words to that song...."You're gonna miss this..." And I will....
1 comment:
Love it! Can't believe you girls are getting so old so quick. How do I have two kids and you guys are already teens?!?!?
Post a Comment