Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

So what can I do, I turned 50.  I called Mom because she did all the work… and I get all the attention.  But it was a fun birthday.

Mike bought me beautiful flowers the week before he went hunting and the week after.  So I’ve had flowers in my kitchen for a month!

DSC_4022 Melissa made me my favorite cake.  Wedding cake with frosting – all from scratch!  Not sure what happened with the presentation, but it tasted great!

DSC_4015 DSC_4017 DSC_4019 Tammy and the boys sent a big bunch of balloons (all happy, no “over the hill”) and all my kids gave me hugs and birthday wishes. 

005

I went to Manito Park with Carol and Diane.  Such a wonderful, warm, sunny fall day.  The flower gardens are my favorite place in all Spokane.  So when Diane called and suggested lunch, I suggested a picnic at the park.  Carol made it fun with Happy Birthday tablecloth, plates, napkins and everything - even a crystal cake plate.  We walked around the flowers and had the best afternoon.

DSC_3929 DSC_3930 DSC_3932 DSC_3935 DSC_3940 DSC_3942 DSC_3946 (2) DSC_3952

Carol had never seen the Japanese Gardens so Diane and I showed her.  And we walked thru the rose garden on our way.   DSC_3953 DSC_3954 DSC_3959 DSC_3963 DSC_3975 DSC_3980DSC_3979DSC_3986  DSC_3998

DSC_3972 DSC_3973

2 comments:

Toby and Tammy said...

Happy Birthday!!! Glad you had a happy "50th" and not an over the hill one. 50 years is quite amazing and you sure look wonderful for being that old. :) :) :)

Hope I look as good as you when I turn 50!!!

Carol said...

Happy Birthday again! I love you sister! :)