Saturday, October 1, 2011

Provo Tabernacle

Mike and I got married in the Provo Tabernacle 20 years ago.  It is a beautiful building.  Sadly, it caught fire and was badly damaged in December of last year.  Stephen txt me and told me about it and so did Geniel.  I guess we all have a connection to that building!  It was so sad to think of that beautiful building gone.

Well, Pres. Monson announced in conference that the church will rebuild the tabernacle into the new Provo Tabernacle temple!   So now Mike and I can say that we got married in the Prove Tabernacle temple…..  kinda.

4d0b75ee41721_image24890528

One of the cool stories from the fire is that a painting of the second coming of Christ was found with everything but the image of Christ charred and burned. 

This is the way the tabernacle looked when Mike and I were married.cfiles8581provo-tabernacle-temple

The new Provo Tabernacle Temple.

No comments: