So excited to take our vacation that we have waited so long for. I am so excited to share everything with the kids. Carol saved us by taking Annie and driving us to the airport. She is so supportive and happy for us. Love you Carol!
Excited Much?
All that luggage fit in the van!
We made it to the airport - not as early as we wanted. I couldn’t find my wallet with my ID in it and was envisioning calling Carol back to drive me home and taking a later flight to Seattle. (I’m carrying 6 passports in my purse and worried about getting 8 pieces of luggage and 12 carry-ons all arranged…so I didn’t remember where I put my wallet…) But I found it and just as we thought we made it through check in and on to security we found that Megan had full sized toiletries in her carry-on’s. (Note to Mom – explain the 3 oz rule…) But miraculously (love living in a small town) they were willing to call back her checked luggage and we were able to fit all the liquids in. Flight to Seattle was fun. The kids have not flown a whole lot so I was surprised to see Katie and Megan rather nervous. (Tammy was nervous about this whole trip too being the only Mullin survivor should our plane or ship go down.) Dinner at Seattle - love the fish taco’s there – and on to the night flight to Florida. I sat with Andrew and Megan. Being totally prepared for a chilly flight, I had the kids bring pillows and blankets. We all died of heat. OH. MY. GOSH. Stashing those pillows and blankets and taking off as many clothes as modesty allowed. It was so hot all night. Andrew didn’t sleep at all, Megan hardly any. Melissa stretched across Katie and Dad. (Benefits of being tiny.) Katie was actually doing homework… Never again, night flights are the worst!
We got to Florida and were immediately charmed by the palm trees, the humidity, the warmth! Short drive from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. Tried to find a Wal-mart to fix Mike’s glasses (he lost a nose pad on the plane) and found Key Biscayne instead. People with yachts and beach houses don’t shop at Wal-Mart I take it. Welcome to Miami. $$$$ A short nap in the car – exhasted and going on a cruise. Nice.
We changed into cruise clothes in a parking lot by the dock (so classy) and found our ship (in dock 29 – how many cruise ships are there at Port Everglades?) and started the waiting in line process to get on.
We sent our last texts to Tammy, and turned off our phones to avoid the insane rates for cell coverage on the ship.
It was soooooo fun to see the kids reactions to how big and nice and luxurious the ship was. Oh my goodness, the excitement was a reward in itself for all the work and planning that we did. (correction… Mike did)
Seeing their staterooms and figuring out the ship. Are you ready for the vacation of a lifetime??????
No comments:
Post a Comment