Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fun with the Silhouette

OK -  I am having so much fun with this new hobby of mine – I. LOVE. MY. SILHOUETTE.  Oh my goodness, I am addicted.  It has so many possibilities.  When I used to tole paint Mike would tease me and say, if you stand still around here, you’ll get painted.  Now, I’ll put vinyl on you. I even put a creativity quote from Pres. Uchtdorf on the actual machine itself…
2012-06-04_20-20-08_10
So, I have learned so much from Tammy.  She came up for the garage sales and we did vinyl non-stop!
DSC_0316
I stopped by a sign store right here in Liberty Lake and they gave me some vinyl scraps.  FOR FREE!  Their garbage is my treasure! 
2012-06-01_12-12-52_425
We did some school tumblers to sell at the garage sale.
2012-05-28_16-53-06_418
Tammy has done so much more than me.  She has started a little side business to pay for her addiction.  One lady ordered water bottles and crayon cases for all her grandkids.  They turned out so cute
DSC_8165DSC_8166
Tammy did an awesome Steelers Subway Art.  I love it – lucky for me, she made me one too.  LOTS of work.
DSC_0307
I’m doing names on water bottles for camp…
2012-06-01_17-34-11_873
A cute teachers gift for Melissa’s teacher.  She told me what she wanted and we designed a super cute tumbler.  We put a gift card inside.  Mrs. Watson teaches Language Arts and Melissa was also her TA for Spanish.  She is so energetic and has been such a positive influence on Melissa this year.
2012-06-04_19-51-40_3052012-06-04_20-00-56_7712012-06-06_08-00-09_465
Then Mike and I sat down together and designed a cool logo for his truck.  He came up with the basics and I dressed it up with fonts and curves.  He even sent one to Marty.  Looking official!  I cut it out of reflective vinyl and Katie was driving the truck one night and actually pulled over because she saw lights in the rear of the truck.  We were afraid it was the sticker but it turned out to be a lightning storm!  :)
2012-06-11_17-46-52_522
One of Mike’s friend in the Marines is being transferred to Virginia so as a going away gift Mike designed some custom beer glasses for him.  We etched it onto 4 glasses.  Major Stevens has a hobby of beer making and had talked to Mike about a name for his custom lager.  They turned out so cute!
DSC_0288DSC_0292
I made a bumper sticker just  for me.  I love this saying, saw it on a jacket a few years ago.  I cut one for Major Steven’s wife too.
2012-06-15_10-17-12_715
Tammy made some cool shirts for the girls.  They just get on line and find any design and we trace and create. 
DSC_0090
2012-06-15_13-34-37_9352012-06-15_16-49-16_282
I’m putting words on my wall!
2012-06-18_20-08-45_830
And labeling all my craft stuff…2012-06-19_14-30-54_805
We even pimped out the boys Little Tikes Police Car that we found at the garage sales.
DSC_8317
2012-06-16_18-31-17_1162012-06-16_18-31-28_8822012-06-16_18-32-52_83
The possibilities are endless.  Vinyl is not too expensive and I love love love to design.  It is really a fun hobby.

1 comment:

Linda said...

And you know how to spell SILHOUETTE! Impressive, along with all your creations. You go girl!