Saturday, August 18, 2012

Girls Camp 2012

I was called to go to girls camp this year as a 2nd level leader.  I could never have imagined what a blessing it would be to go.  What a fun and spiritual week it was.  I loved the women I worked with and the youth leaders and the girls.  I haven't been to camp in so long.  Just visited the last several years for one evening with the YW presidency.  Years ago I went as the nurse several times but that was when Tammy was young.  I just didn't know what I was missing.  Favorite memories are making water bottles for the girls, getting to know Syney Otte, being with Adrienne Daines and Karis Lake, the birds drinking from the water trough, Sister Haymore and her sweet direction to the girls, reconnecting with Megan Guinn and our canoe trip on the lake, Sister Herdink and her steam rolling, the girls dancing to One Direction, the magic show, being there for Lissa when she fainted....hiking with Jenna, talking with Diane Cox at water front, snowcones from Jenna, seeing Megan and Melissa every once in awhile and getting updates and hugs, the absolute beauty of being in the woods, the trees and the lake, taking bathes with baby wipes....













No comments: