We’ve been busy making Valentine’s treats. Some chocolates last week and then last night we made some awesome roll out cookies. I am so excited to finally know how to get these cookies to look like this! ( I love April Wright’s cookies and was so sad when she moved. Just in passing at our Young Women’s presidency meeting, Christy Chamberlain told me how she does her frosting. Apparently she taught everyone in a RS homemaking meeting years ago. Where was I?)
So, I heated the frosting in a decorator bag and “flooded” it on the cookie after piping an outline to contain the hot frosting. It dries smooth and beautiful. We had so much fun doing these. I love cookies!
Next I think I’ll try the technique on little cakes.
So we had a steak dinner for Valentine’s day and shared it with Mom and Dad who surprised us with a visit. It was fun to celebrate the day of love with some of the people I love the very most in my life!
2 comments:
Those cookies look so delicious along with all of your cute,yummy looking steeler treats too! I love catching up on your blog. It kinda brings me back to our younger days when we used to hang out with Tammy, and go to dances.Those teenage years are so fun but fly by way fast. I also need to learn the art of couponing! That was so much food for so little.
um ya, love those cookies. I'll be making some for Green Day.
Post a Comment