This year being on vacation at Arrowpoint made it a little different in attending the ball. We had to travel farther but it was so fun to get ready at the resort in our plush master bathroom, and have the girls fuss about all the fanciness. We stopped by home to check Annie on the way back to the resort. There was a big storm that night on the way back as well and it was a very twisting and turning road. We were glad to get back to the kids.
I always love going to the ball and seeing the beautiful dresses on the wives and girlfriends and seeing the pride in the Marines. Mike has made some good friends and it was fun to sit with Niki and Brian Robins at dinner. Sad to think we only have one more year to go to these balls. We are taking the girls next year and it's at the Davenport Hotel!!!
I found a sleeveless, too short but beautiful sequined dress at Ross and had an idea to make it modest by adding sleeves and lengthening it. So I bought two and pieced them together. It was a fun inexpensive project and it turned out great. I feel like a matrony look is okay for a Colonel's wife. Oh but I stretched the matron boundaries by getting some totally awesome, howbeit uncomfortable shoes and new jewerly! YES!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment