Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fun Family Home Evening

Monday night we did a lesson about how Christ is the "bread of life." We made a fun bread recipe that you squish in a ziploc bag. I put the recipe on the cooking blog. I've been enjoying homemade bread all week!

Andrew liked the squishing part. We made sure he washed his hands!

Katie liked the quality control part - somebody's got to make sure it tastes good!

Chelsea spend 3 nights at our house this week just for fun. We love cousins. She is a blast and laughs about everything!


Melissa and Megan had done the recipe for Achievement Day's so they led the activity.

Mom was the clean up crew and teacher of the lesson. Somewhere in all this there was a spiritual lesson. Actually, we read the scriptures in John about "I am the bread of life" and talked about how we get life from bread by eating it or taking it inside us. Likewise, we receive life from Christ when we live his gospel and accept his atonement. Andrew brought up the Israelites and manna, and Katie added that they could only gather enough for one day except on Saturday. Don't you love seminary and sunday school.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

OOOO! I'm so going to use this!

Toby and Tammy said...

This bread was sooo good! I can't wait to make it. Especially since my bread machine is in storage!

Anonymous said...

I love Chelsea!!! Thanks for letting her come over for 4 days straight!!!