Okay, I am a grandma. I really don't mind. (I thought I was old when I was 25 and graduating from nursing school.) I was very wrong then, so anytime I start feeling old I just remind myself that 25 is not old and neither is 40 something... I am often unsophisticated and immature but not necessarily old...

Well, Last Wednesday I went to Shopko. When I checked out the clerk gave me a SENIOR DISCOUNT.... I had to smile because she saved me $20.00. Thank you so much. How can I complain? But when I read the poster advertising - senior discount every Wednesdays to our customers 55 and older I thought, do I look 55? Is this really worth $20.00? Maybe she was just being nice and gives the senior discount to all Wednesday morning shoppers. I'm not sure if I want to laugh or go home and call a plastic surgeon. Will Botox help - maybe I should just get more sleep. DO I REALLY LOOK 55???
I told Mike and he totally cracked up. Andrew too. He already teases me about driving like a grandma. Well, thanks little Dallas. You are already saving me money. Granny and getting discounts. (I should have gone to Macy's.) Why can't people make a 10 year mistake in the other direction. Think of how happy I would be if I had received a "30 something" discount. Well honey, you are obviously in your 30s, can we offer you a discount?
7 comments:
lol, debbie! i can't believe she would have mistaken your age! i'm not just saying this, when i first saw your family pictures i thought there was NO WAY you were old enough to have tammy as your daughter. you are so young & cute!
if it makes you feel any better, i was at one of our client's ELEMENTARY schools & walked up to the teacher to pick up a report card. i had to say her name a couple of times and then she looked up & was surprised to see me standing there. she said i was so short that i mixed in with her 5TH GRADERS!! for crying out loud.
NO WAY DO YOU LOOK 55!! (I think you have to go to Europe to have someone mistake your age the other way.)
I think this is what you call an ego-"Strip" and I say it definitely wasn't worth the $20. What a good sport you are to laugh about it and dare to report it on your blog. An attitude like that will keep you young forever, no matter what the calendar (and a ding-bat store clerk) says.
Too funny mom! I think you're a great young "hip" grandma. You're not even close to 55! Oh well, you saved money and got a good laugh. :)
Aunt Debbie, you are so funny! I love reading your blog because I either get a good laugh or it makes me really think about the important things in life. I really do enjoy reading your blog! And NO you do not look 55, that check out clerk is crazy! She probably was giving that discount to every one, because you do not look 55!!!
the clerk must have been blind! There is no other exclamation. you don't look 40!
Cannot believe anyone could make this mistake with YOU....UNBELIEVABLE! Maybe I should see if I could get that discount...I could use one!
Oh ya, and so so so cute baby!
Post a Comment