Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Welcome Dallas Cade Thornton!

May 27th
8 lbs. 7 oz.
21 inches

Well, he is finally here to make me a Grandma. I fell in love so quickly. I am embarrassed to say that I show anyone (who shows a slight interest) his picture on my cell phone. I miss him already and request daily videos via cell phone and updates from Tammy. He came home today and I was able to see him real time with our web-cam. The blessings of technology.



What an unexpected turn of events. I never expected that we would go through this. Tammy's labor was hard, delivery long and difficult and then the "expensive tour of the hospital" with a trip to NICU for the baby. I was surprised at how familiar it all was even though I've been out of ICU for 16 years! I have a new empathy for parents who spend time in the hospital with their babies. It is such a difficult thing to go through.

Dallas came home today and is ready to live life without being connected to a heart monitor, oximeter, IV etc. No more cables, bright lights, new nurses, alarms and constant beeping....Now his world will be soft and quiet and loving and all things baby blue!

5 comments:

Allison Barnes said...

I can't believe you are a Grandma! Congrats.... so exciting. You will be a great one! I am so glad to hear that he was able to go home. YAH!

Lindsey Walker said...

Hey is so adorable! How wonderful that you got to stay with Tammy and help her. And thanks for keeping us all updated! Congrats on beinga Grandma :)

Toby and Tammy said...

Yea! He's finally home. We are so glad that you came to help us. Too bad your visit wasn't longer. We sure miss you and can't wait to see you soon!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations! I wish Tammy lived here and it wouldn't be crazy for me to come hold him for hours...I have a feeling there are no available hours for a stranger...hmmm. He is absolutely gorgeous and that perfect shaped head may have had something to do with the longer delivery! Great job Tammy, you are so lucky (blessed). Many smooches to him!

The Carters said...

He is a doll! How lucky you are!