Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

The reunion continues! What a great Thanksgiving we had! All the family that came for Julie's wedding stayed for Thanksgiving. Plus Toby came so we set the table for 26! I am thankful for each and every one of them!

Tammy and the girls made the cutest place markers. Pilgrim hats made from black party cups. They had a lot of fun the night before Thanksgiving being creative. My favorite part was setting the table all pretty.

What would we do without Chet and Mike? Every year these guys pull the leftover turkey off the bones and we have yummy turkey soup, sandwiches and leftovers for 3 days at least. (No cooking - I love it...)
I have so much to be grateful for. Most of my thoughts turn to my family and the joy it is to be a wife and mother. As well as being a daughter and sister. What a wonderful plan to send us to earth to be in a family. Eternity will be one big family reunion.

The gospel brings so much perspective into all of my thoughts of thanks. I am "encircled about" by the many blessings that come from living Heavenly Father's plan.
Each day I wake up and take a deep breath of life with a great husband, wonderful and healthy kids, a beautiful and safe community and home to raise them in, the foundation of the wonderful family that guided me, the chance to live close enough to family to have them be a part of my everyday life, the absolute beauty of this earth that was created for me, the goodness of so many people around me, the patience of Heavenly Father to allow me to continue to learn, the knowledge of a Savior and a plan for my journey that includes learning, discovering, making mistakes, experiencing troubles, and moments of great joy all mixed together. I am grateful for all of it!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
I am happy to give thanks!

3 comments:

The Jatens said...

Looks like soooo much fun. I love the placecards. They are so cute! I love that kind of stuff.

Toby and Tammy said...

We sure had a great Thanksgiving! Glad that we came up there--it was so fun to make the little pilgrim hats with the girls.
Plus those new desserts were sooo yummy! I'll have to make them again and put them on the family cooking blog.
See you in two weeks!

Allison Barnes said...

what a table! that's huge! How fun to be altogether! Looks like Julie's wedding was beautiful!