Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Kids Made Their Beds

Well, it is a miracle. A normal morning, getting everyone off to school. I went upstairs after they were gone and WOW! Each of my kids has made their bed!


This is how it happened. I told them that they are in charge of making their beds as a normal part of daily chores. If they fail to make their bed, that is okay, but then I must hire one of their sisters or brother to make their bed for them. And on Friday, when I pay them allowance, then they must pay $1 to any person that made their bed for them. They can do it themselves in a timely fashion, or they will hire it done.

It is the second week and it is working like a charm.

Andrew has been doing a lot of hiring.... He leaves before the girls get up and going and they check everyday for a money making opportunity. But he is wising up. He has only missed once this week!
One day last week, I had to hire Melissa to make Andrew's bed. She was thrilled! Well, in the excitement, she forgot to make her bed, so when Andrew came home from school, I had to hire him to make her bed! Then she had to pay him. She collasped on the floor overcome with grief and tears. But she has not missed making her bed since.

3 comments:

Lindsey Walker said...

This is hilarious! What a great idea. I was the queen of not making my bed, and got grounded for it. I got grounded for not making my bed more than any thing. The dollar idea is a great one.

Toby and Tammy said...

Loved this post! I'll have to tuck this info away for a later date....when Dallas won't make his bed! :)
So if I don't make my bed when I'm up there does that mean I'll have to pay a dollar??? Does that mean I can EARN a dollar?? :)

The Jatens said...

Good idea. I never make my bed. (Yes my mom is apauled!) I love sleeping in a made bed, though, so Isaac and I make it right before we get into it at night.