Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Love Clocks!

I love clocks. I have one in almost every room of my house. I cannot get through a day without wearing a watch. I guess because I am task oriented - I keep track of time.... And I love to shop for clocks!

How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.


Annie Dillard







But is time really all that important? We know that it is measured only to man, I guess. I can lose track of time when I am reading a good book, on the computer reading blogs.... or doing anything I like. And to be honest, I don't keep track of time on Sundays. (Except trying to get to meetings on time.) When church is through, I have a completely different view of each hour of the day. It really is a day of rest from all my clock watching. Interesting to think about! I really shouldn't need a clock to make me feel accomplished. But somehow, time has me in it's grasp.
(In fact, the clock right now tells me it's time to get off this computer.)



The measure of life, after all, is not it’s duration but it’s donation.



Corrie Ten Boom

7 comments:

Lindsey Walker said...

Your clock decorations are very cute! And I love your sitting area outside your house. Andrew did a great job on the jewelery!

Toby and Tammy said...

I too love clocks! I must have gotten that from you. The clocks in the house are so pretty looking-you always have the best decorating ideas. It was fun to pick out stuff for the kid's bathroom and create that clock.

Anonymous said...

I love your clocks, too. I'd love it if we could find the TIME to get together again. I really enjoyed the time we spent together a couple summers ago. It seems like decades ago. I love your blog and it's great to see the kids getting so big. Please keep in touch.
Love, Madonna
mmullin4@zoominternet.net

Lindsay said...

I have a girlfriend who stopped wearing a watch entirely, she said it's been so freeing. I fear if I did that I'd end up looking at the sun and driving myself nuts not to mention ruin my eyes guessing the time. Brett's pretty good at that thanks to scouting but he's not always around when I need the time...so I'll keep wearing my watch, keep my eyes, not bug my husband and get to places on time. Not such a bad thing!

Allison Barnes said...

Love your thoughts on time! Funny how time goes so fast when we are doing things we love and so slow when we are anticipating something. If i had more time, I'd write more... haha

and yes we do have somewhat of a winter in vegas... no snow or freezing, but it gets in the 30-40's for a month or 2... very cold for us desert people.
Miss ya!
Allison

Anonymous said...

Mom - you are a wierd person when it comes to time, but I love you!

lynsey said...

i loved this post & reading your thoughts about how we spend our time. and you have great taste! i love the first clock, the square one. that is totally my style. :)