Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring Break in California!

GOOD NEWS! We found warm weather!
We just had to go to California to enjoy it.
What a great spring "break" we had. A break from the cold, a break from school and a break from all things routine! We went with Aunt Carol and family to Disneyland! Talk about the happiest place on earth! (though we worked harder than we do at home.) But hey - the ticket price goes down the more rides you ride and the more parades and shows you enjoy. So we did it all. Aunt Carol wore her pedometer and we clocked more than 5 miles each day.


The cutest mouseketeers in California!

Megan got to celebrate her 11th birthday at Disneyland. We sang to her 11 times! All the people around us in line for the rides or in line for food or in the parking garage joined in and clapped and cheered for her!

She was so happily embarrassed!

We went to City Hall and got a birthday badge and Megan received a phone call from Goofy!

He sang Happy Birthday to her too!



My favorite ride by far was SOARING OVER CALIFORNIA at California adventure. Mike loves to fly, I love to pretend I love to fly while I remind myself that it is only a ride. We went on this ride 4 or 5 times (never stood in line thanks to amazing fast passes!) The earth is beautiful!

My least favorite rides are roller coasters. Mike, Megan, Melissa and sometimes Katie love them. So they all tried to convince me to go on California Screamin' so they could see "Mommy Screaming." I finally agreed and for Megan's 11th birthday and only for her, I went on it once. (We ran into my good friend Kim and her family and parents. ( I guess it is a Small World After All....) Her dad has just been released as our Stake President and they are going to serve as the mission president in Denver. Who would have thought that a Stake President would love Splash Mountain and his wife's favorite ride would be California Screamin'. Phyllis assured me it was quick and it was but it was still scary!) Happy Birthday Megan!

I even get scared at Splash Mountain!

We had a great time and vacationing with our cousins was so smart! The teenagers enjoy each others jokes. We enjoyed adult company and the little girls shared the Magic of Disney with all of us! Where shall we go next??? Let's get the rest of the cousins to come too!



We decided it was a little strange to go to a park where everything revolves around a mouse. But even stranger - all the food is shaped like him and we have no problem eating it!

We even do it at home! We love Mickey Mouse pancakes! Welcome home!

4 comments:

Toby and Tammy said...

What an awesome spring break! Wish I could've been there. You can't beat warm sunny California and Disney Land. So glad you guys had a great time. Love the photos!

Lindsey Walker said...

oh how much fun, we love Disney Land too!

Lindsay said...

Soarin' over CA is a great ride, love the smell effects! What a great time you had and I think you brought the sunshine back to us!

Clinton and Jessica said...

the pictures are great....looks like an awesome time!