Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Carving pumpkins is messy! This is Mike's domain. I have never been willing to scrape the guts out of a pumpkin. I guess this is why marriage is a good thing- there are just some things that Dads will do and some things that Moms will do. I will make the pumpkin seeds!

This year the kids were surprisingly independent in their pumpkin carving. They cut and scraped themselves! Mike is almost out of a job. (But Andrew and I still won't touch the stuff so he did clean a pumpkin out for Andrew!)


Megan has never minded things that are messy.


Melissa has her own way of doing things. Never a dull moment with her.
Katie always has a plan and follows through!

I went to Williams-Sonoma yesterday and sampled their pumpkin seed brittle and pumpkin butter. OH MY GOSH! SOOOOO GOOD! I got on line and found some recipes to try. We love pumpkin seeds and I can see a whole new way to enjoy them. (Hope I didn't add any calories!)

4 comments:

The Jatens said...

Carving pumpkins is always a highlight. I'm all about wearing gloves so I don't get gunk under my nails. I love the costumes and the pop bottles. Looks like you guys had a fun Halloween. Miss you guys!

The Jatens said...

Oh, Emerson saw your picture and proclaimed "Oh, it's my favorite cousin! I want to go back to the big cabin and see all my family again." It was pretty cute!

Lindsay said...

I'm the pumpkin guts person in our family and it's sometimes a thankless job, this year we painted them just to simplify and it was nice. Pass along your yum recipes!

Toby and Tammy said...

Great pumpkins. I have fond memories of carving pumpkins on the floor in the kitchen.