After Thanksgiving, my back started to hurt. So bad! I finally went to see a chiropractor - something I have NEVER done before. I am not a bad back person - don't want to join that crowd! But man, was I disabled! We think it was lifting the 22 pound turkey out of the oven. Darn it! So I used a lot of ice and heat and pain meds. So I was slow getting things out for Christmas.

We actually put the tree together and put the lights on before Tammy and Toby got here so we could enjoy a little Christmas with them. But we had not put the decorations on and the girls were bugging me. So one Sunday night they got it done. All alone! And they did a great job. Love how helpful and capable they are!

Megan with her box of ornaments. Each year I give the kids an ornament and when they grow up and leave me (sad, sad) they have 18 or more ornaments to take with them with memories of Christmas at home.



And after years of wondering which is better, white lights or colored lights, I have found that I like both mixed together. I actually string colored lights on one extention cord and white lights on another and then we can have either.

I love to sit in the dark and look at the beautiful tree with it's lights.
It is so pretty, one of my favorite things about Christmas.
1 comment:
I sit in the dark and look at our tree after everyone else (that would be Chris!) is in bed, too. We must be related...
Love, Linda
Post a Comment