I just couldn’t get inspired when I made my menu for this month so I am trying a lot of new recipes. These last two weeks have been great. We have liked most of the recipes I have tried. So here’s a few new ideas.
Parmesan-Crusted Stuffed Chicken – Kraft Foods
Mike, Megan and I really like asparagus but Mike thought this recipe needed a sauce. I loved it and so did the girls. Andrew hates all chicken…. This was easy and yummy. And I ate it cold the next day on a salad and it was great.
6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.)
12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
1/2 cup KRAFT Finely Shredded Italian* Five Cheese Blend
1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
HEAT oven to 400ºF.
MAKE cut in one long side of each chicken breast, being careful to not cut through to opposite side. Fill pockets with asparagus and shredded cheese.
PLACE on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray; top with Parmesan.
BAKE 20 min. or until chicken is done.
Salmon Cakes – from Kraft Food Magazine
Mike was smart and suggested we cook these outside. I just put my fry pan on the grill – it took a little longer but no fish smell in my house! I used the canned salmon from Costco. Yummy and quick.
1 can (14.7 oz.) salmon, drained
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
3/4 cup water
2 green onions, sliced
1/3 cup KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
MIX all ingredients. Shape into 12 patties, using about 1/3 cup stuffing mixture for each patty. Refrigerate 10 min.
HEAT large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add patties to skillet in batches.
COOK 6 min. or until golden brown on both sides, turning carefully after 3 min.
Southwest Stuffed Chicken
From Taste of Home
We really like this with the cumin and chili powder in the breading – it was great. Mike loved the green chilies inside. I went light on them for the kids.

Ingredients
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 2-inch x 1/2-inch sticks
2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies, drained
(I used 1/3 a can of chillies – too hot for my family.)
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (I always crush up Ritz crackers)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
Directions
Flatten chicken to /18-in. thickness. Place a cheese stick down the middle of each; top with chilies. Roll up and tuck in ends. Secure with a toothpick.
In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, chili powder, salt and cumin. Place flour in another shallow bowl. Place butter in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in butter and roll in crumb mixture.
Place roll-ups, seam side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks.
Yield: 6 servings.
1 comment:
Some of these look good! Saw that you posted them on the cooking blog. Not a big fan or aspargus, but the rest sound yummy!
Post a Comment