Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Having too much fun with placemats!

Okay - I found some super cute Christmas placemats to do the pillow thing...
I did a "tutorial" for it so check here if you need to see it. Such an easy, quick craft!

I also bought some spray glitter at Michael's to dress them up a bit. Who knows how much it will shed. But come Christmas - who minds a little sparkle?
I am loving this placemat from Pier One. It matches every room of my house. Uh oh - that means I have the same color themes through-out. I decided on the front room sofa. They are just so dang cute. Love the polka-dots. Mike even thought the placemat to pillow thing was so clever!

And this is my other sewing project. Turning onesies into big boy shirts for Dallas.

We just picked off the trim along the bottom, cut off the snaps and sewed some new binding on. Voila - no more shirt tucked in! Dallas are you ready for some football?


3 comments:

The Jatens said...

I LOVE the pillow idea. Decorative pillows are so expensive. Can't wait to make some.

Toby and Tammy said...

LOVE the pillows!!!!! Hope my name is on a few of those. :)

I can just see how easy it will be to change the look of my bed with a few of those pillows. I best be going to Pier One pretty soon!

Thanks for fixing Dallas' shirts. I now know not to buy onsie shirts past the age of 12 months. So glad you can fix and recreate them for me! He wore is jersey on Monday and looked so dang cute. Like a little boy.

Carol said...

Love your pillows Deb. I love Pier one too!