Oh my gosh - this has been the most fun post season in baseball that I've ever had! And that includes all the years the Pirates won the series!
First, I saw my brothers on TV at the playoff game - sitting behind the Phillies dugout. That was amazing! Then, Kerry called and said he got tickets to game one of the World Series so we all watched for him and Ali behind home plate. And we got to see Ali sitting in front of Jeff Gordon.
So last night - game 5 in Philadelphia. Kerry calls and says that he took Mom and Dad to the game. How exciting for them! They are in right field - first row. So I tease him that he had better catch a home run by Chase Utley - he has hit one almost every game this post season! Kerry laughs and says Dave and his boys have their mitts!
So after the first inning I get a call from Kerry on my cell. (I had taken the girls shopping but Mike and Toby are watching the game at home.) He says, "Did you see David catch the homerun?" Sure enough, David catches the 3 run homer by Chase Utley! Can you believe it? My brother - out of 60 thousand fans - catches the home run ball hit by Chase Utley! They show him on TV and then he makes the highlight reel for the game! He is so dang cute and lucky!
My brothers! I can't believe it.
3 comments:
David is the best! Thanks for capturing it on film. Amazing! I want his autograph!!! And all the New Jersey family too!!! Go Phillies!
How stinkin' cool is that! It was so fun to watch him catch the ball and then watch all the highlights that showed it again. Our family is famous. :)
Too bad the Phillies lost last night.
So Kerry leaves me the same message, something like "That was your brother David who caught Chase Utley's 3-run homer!" (Then Kerry pauses, just long enough for me to say--to the message--"NO WAY!!") Then the message continues "Way!" It was a perfect crack-up.
I was SO excited for Mom & Dad to see the game. We watched all the games while we were in Florida, but I never did catch Dave on the highlights reel...lucky you.
It WAS a fun post-season, and we have a great family! Love your post.
Love, Linda
Post a Comment